Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Taking some time off

For those of you who care enough to notice that I haven't posted much lately, there is a good reason.
Earlier this month I had a massive heart attack. To say it came as a pretty big surprise to me, my family and my doctor would be an understatement. Especially since I had just been checked out and given a clean bill of health.
Since I've only been home from the hospital for a week I honestly haven't felt much like posting and I actually intend to postpone the posts I have planned for a bit longer. My priorities have changed a bit over the past few weeks and to be honest, keeping up with this blog just isn't that high on my list right now.
I do appreciate the well wishes I've received from those that know me personally, but for at least the next month or so the blog will remain silent. Then I'll decide if I want to keep the blog up and going of if I want to find another way to occupy what little free time I have.

10 comments:

Pontifex said...

wow. Hope you can get things back on track with your life, whether this blog is included in that effort or not.

Best wishes

jasonjames said...

Dude I hope everything is alright. Having had several heart attacks occur in my family I take it pretty serious. Best wishes to you and hope you are back on your feet soon.

The Happy Whisk said...

Hope you are back on your feet soon. Sorry to read this but glad you are home.

And yeah, things like this change priorities and rightly so. I look forward to hearing about your new adventures and where this takes you. Should you decide you want to post about it. Either way, wishing you well and healthy steps forward.

Scott Malthouse said...

That's awful, I hope you're recovering well. We'll be here waiting for when you're back to normal.

Labyrinthian said...

Good luck, and a speedy recovery!

Gothridge Manor said...

Very sorry to hear about your troubles and I hope you can back the gaming soon. Take care and I'll send you along something in your email. Not much, but may give you something to do as you rest. Take care.

Cyric said...

Best wishes from Germany, dude! Hope you get up and running again soon!

There're allways more important things than blogging in life... your kids, your wife, your friends, to name just a few. So keep out of business for as long as it suits you - you'll be missed, but not forgotten!

Jen B said...

Wishing you a quick recovery.

The Happy Whisk said...

Hope you got Tim's email. Just checking in to let you know that we care and that we wishing you well.

Browncoat said...

Well I hope everything goes well for you and your family. Don't worry about the blog, we understand the whole "life comes first" concept.