- Iron Man- playing now: If you haven't seen this stop reading now and go see it!
- Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull- playing now: I've heard mixed reviews on this one. I'll wait for the DVD.
- The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian- playing now
- Speed Racer- out now: I'll pass
- The Happening- June 13th: Can M. Night Shyamalan recapture the success of Sixth Sense? The trailer looks pretty good.
- The Incredible Hulk-June 13th: It can't be as bad as the last one... can it?
- Get Smart- June 20th: Missed it by that much...
- Wanted- June 27th
- Hancock- July 2nd: I want to see this one. The trailer looks pretty funny, but they took it back for reediting to get a PG-13 rating which probably does not bode well this close to release.
- Hellboy II- July 11th: If it is half as good as the first one it will still be awesome.
- Dark Knight- July 18th: This may be the king of the summer. Everyone will want to see Ledger's last full movie. I've even heard talk of an Oscar nomination and no one has seen the movie!
- X-files: I Want to Believe- July 25th: This probably has no chance against Dark Knight, but I want to believe this will be better than the series finale, really I do.
- The Mummy 3- August 1st: Jet Li as the new kung fu Mummy! Brendon Fraser doesn't stand a chance.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars- August 15th: The Lucas juggernaut rolls on
Monday, June 2, 2008
What would summer be if Hollywood didn't throw its biggest and best, well at least biggest, blockbusters at us. This year's crop of Summer releases actually looks to be promising. There are more than enough geeky movies coming out this summer, actually in all of 2008, to help insure that our delicate skin maintains its pasty whiteness.