Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I Won't Be Voting for McCain

I want to thank Mad Brew Labs for posting this and bringing it to our attention. Apparently people in McCain's camp think D&D players and/or gamer in general are a bunch of unpatriotic, ungrateful, sissified, scared, losers who live in their mom's basement. At least according to McCain's blog.

"It may be typical of the pro-Obama Dungeons & Dragons crowd to disparage a fellow countryman's memory of war from the comfort of mom's basement, but most Americans have the humility and gratitude to respect and learn from the memories of men who suffered on behalf of others. John McCain has often said he witnessed a thousand acts of bravery while he was imprisoned, and though not every one has been submitted into the public record, they are remembered by the men who were there (one such only recently reported by Karl Rove though it escaped mention in any of Senator McCain's books). But as Swindle said, this is a "desperate group of people trying to make something out of nothing."

I am definitely breaking one of the rules of blogging right now because this really pisses me off. I have never been a McCain supporter, but I was open to hearing what he had to say. I for once did not make it into the military due to medical reasons, but my dad, brother, cousins, and friends did. Many of them just happen to play D&D as well. I think this ass (Michael Goldfarb, McCains blogger) needs to get his facts straight before he puts it up for all the world to see. Now that I've seen the type of crap he allows to be said in his name, no way will he be getting my vote now. I no longer even want to hear what he has to say.

Since us pansy-ass members of the "Dungeons & Dragons crowd" are good at networking, blogging and spreading info like wildfire, I think we should get this to as many of our brethren as possible. While they feel the need to kiss the butts of many other groups, who aren't any more numerous than gamers, why is it ok to disparage us? Do they not know that we tend to be a very intelligent group of people? We also tend to be the same group of people that are quite proficient with things such as computers and the internet. Do they think we can't read? That we don't follow politics? Screw them!
How is it in America that any group can be disparaged by any member of a presidential candidates campaign and it be ok?

Thanks again to Mad Brew Labs for posting this.

No comments: