Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween Reading Material

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!

Here are just a few of the books I've been reading recently to inspire my Halloween game as well as some upcoming games.

D&D: the Mark of Nerath
Given that it is dealing the a mad Lich, undead and the Shadowfell I thought this would make a good choice for my Haloween D&D Essentials game. I'm almost done with it and so far it has been a really good read.


Next on my Halloween season reading list is Star Wars: Death Troopers.
This books received a lot of criticism because it strays too far from the normal Star Wars universe and others claim it is just poorly written. Honestly, I liked it. It isn't the most brilliant novel I've ever read, but it sure was fun.

I've just started reading Dead City but so far it seems pretty good. There's sort of a Walking Dead feel to it. I believe it is set to be a trilogy, so I'll definitely be picking the other two up when they are released.

The trilogy of Monster Island, Monster Nation and Monster Planet are ones I definitely recommend. This is one of my favorite zombie series, so far.
                                              

Naturally Halloween wouldn't be complete without some King and I recommend the short story collection, Just After Sunset.


 Since most of the books I've mentioned have been about zombies, I can't leave out two of my favorite by Max Brooks.


and The Zombie Survival Guide. Everyone should own a copy of this book. You never know when you are going to need it.




Although this has little to do with Halloween I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of my copy of Towers of Midnight (November 2 release from Amazon). I'm a Wheel of Time fan, as are many others, and I can't wait to read this book. If Sanderson did as good of a job as he did on the last one, I'm sure it will be great.







4 comments:

The Happy Whisk said...

That's some list. Very cool.

I haven't read anything spooky this season. Still nibbling on my re-read of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Not Halloween related but does contain lots of yummy treats.

Happy Holiday.

Geek Gazette said...

I honestly have never read that. My wife has been wanting me to get it because she wants to read it, so I may give it a try.

The Happy Whisk said...

Oh, I just love it so much. Dahl is my favorite writer. Please do drop me a note and let me know how you guys liked it.

Happy Reading :-)

Anonymous said...

http://wordpress-dot.blogspot.com/
http://my-megavideo.blogspot.com/