Friday, October 1, 2010

This Year's Halloween Theme?

I'm not sure what I want to do for this year's Halloween themed game. I've done zombies more than once, but then again you can never get enough of zombies. I've done vampires, werewolves, mummies, ghosts, mad Nazi scientists, Cthulhu(naturally) and I think I even did aliens one year.

My past Halloween games have been in fantasy, pulp, modern and future settings. This year I don't know what to do. Maybe it is still too early, or maybe it is the fact we are still having 100 degree weather, but this year I'm not feeling too inspired.

So is anyone else planning to run a Halloween themed game this year? If so I'd be glad to hear what you plan to run so I can steal your.... ummm.. use your ideas for inspiration.

1 comment:

Red Jack said...

My horror game runs year round...

One of the best sources I've found is the SCP Foundation. Most of the entries are kinda tame, but there are a few that are truly horrific.

Some one-off game suggestions:
SCP-002, SCP-004, SCP-035, SCP-106, SCP-899, SCP-701, & SCP-740

Some more "long term" games could be run from:
SCP-093, SCP-354, & SCP-610. (These are actually some of my favorite entries... even if they give me a serious case of the heebie-jeebies.)